16 Apple Recipes
I love the fall season, when the weather starts to turn cool in the evenings but you can still go outside without a jacket. Plus, the leaves start to change and you know the holiday season isn’t too far off. But as a mom, I also know that the kids like to visit the local farms and pick-your-own orchards and we end up with bushels of apples to use up before they spoil! So I put together a list of 16 apple recipes.
- Apple Fritter Muffins – Whether you eat these for breakfast or as a dessert, they are sure to be a big hit!
- Inside Out Caramel Apples – All the flavor of this fall favorite treat but not the mess. Great for parties too!
- Crockpot Baked Apples – An easy treat to fix while having company over for supper. They smell wonderful as they bubble away; plus, you probably have all the ingredients on hand already!
- Apple and Red Onion Chutney – The hardest part about this recipe is waiting for it to be ready (about 6 weeks to mature). But it is a terrific condiment for sandwiches, cheese plates, rice dishes, etc.
- Overnight Apple Oatmeal – Breakfast already cooking before you go to bed? You’ve got it! Mix the ingredients, pop into your slower cooker and it’s ready in the morning! Plus you can use soy milk or honey instead of dairy and sugar.
- Apple Meatloaf – It’s not as weird as it sounds; a healthier version of a classic, with ground turkey, shredded apples and your other traditional “meatloaf” flavors. Bake it in a loaf pan or try making mini versions in a muffin pan!
- Cinnamon Apple and Pear Sauce – Combine apples and pears to make a delicious, fruity treat in the crock pot. Whether you enjoy it still warm or cold from your jar in the fridge, this is sure to be a hit with the family.
- Mango, Kiwi and Apple Smoothie – Simply blend 3 types of fruit, some juice and ice together for this frosty, healthy treat.
- Homemade Apple Butter – Simple slow cooker recipe for apple butter; not only does this taste delicious, but you can even give it as a gift in cute jars!
- Bacon and Apple Stuffing – Instead of using that boring box mix stuffing this year, check out this twist using apples, bacon, onions and spices. Remember, it’s not just for holiday meals anymore.
- French Apple Pie – A different version of the classic American Apple Pie with a homemade crust (it’s easy) and a brown sugar crumble on top.
- Apple Stuffed Chicken – This is a one pot wonder meal. Stuffed chicken with gravy made in the same pan? A wonderful and quick weeknight entree for any busy family.
- Apple, Avocado and Mint Smoothie – A wonderful combination of fruit flavors, perfect for a mid-afternoon snack.
- Baked Apple Chips – This is a healthy, low sugar snack, perfect to pack in a lunch or keep on hand for after school hungry kids.
- Apple Zucchini Bread – Awesome fall recipe to use apples and zucchini, and with any extra, making into french toast for breakfast!
- Pumpkin Apple Cracker Pudding – A combination of fall flavors that is not only delicious but beautiful for serving.