3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Ranch Mushrooms
Are you a lover of shrooms? Mushrooms are one of our favorite side dishes. This recipe has to be the easiest way to prepare whole mushrooms. Yes, you can prepare them if sliced, but believe me when I say that for whole ones, this is the way to go. And with only three (3) ingredients…. yeah.. awesome!!
1 pound fresh mushrooms
1 stick butter
1 envelope Ranch salad dressing mix
1. Use a damp paper towel or dish rag to gently brush off any visible dirt from the mushrooms. Do not wash mushrooms or place under running water as it will cause them to turn color and hold too much moisture.
2. Layer mushrooms in your slow cooker
3. Melt butter in microwave bowl
4. Stir ranch dressing into the melted butter
5. Pour butter/ranch dressing mixture over the mushrooms
6. Cook on low setting 3 to 4 hours or on high for 1-2 hours
Once the mushrooms are cooked, if time allows, remove lid and let some of the liquid evaporate to intensify the flavors. If not, save the liquid to use in other recipes such as chili or soup. A great way to save it is to freeze blocks in an old ice cube tray. Once frozen, remove and store in a baggie. Grab one or two cubes and toss in any dish.