8 Hearty Crockpot Soup Recipes
Who doesn’t love soups and stews this time of year? And why not, since you can make them in the crockpot and let it do all of the hard work! Here are my favorite 8 hearty crockpot soup recipes I use for my family!
These are great all year long, but there’s something about a hearty soup or stew that is great to come home to after you’ve been running errands or working. Plus, with a large family like mine, including two teenagers still living at home, I can definitely make my groceries last longer with meals like these! In no particular order…
1. Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup – This Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup makes a ton of soup! I would call this a comfort food. Salty, warm base with tons of veggies, noodles and chicken. Signs of comfort and love from a bowl!
2. Simple Crockpot Zuppa Toscana – This is based off a similar soup served at Olive Garden. I have another version of Zuppa Toscana; but I needed one that I could just Toss & Go with my crockpot. Using the frozen hashbrown potatoes make a world of difference in the time without sacrificing any of the flavor.
3. Crockpot Bean Stew – It doesn’t get much easier than this hearty bean stew. Toss & Go lifestyles will love this recipe. No meat is needed or missed but could easily be tossed in to use up leftovers. This soup freezes well and makes a great take along or care package for a friend.
4. Crockpot Hamburger Soup – This is a modified recipe that my granma used to make when I was young. It should probably be called leftover hamburger soup since we usually had it the day after ground beef was on the evening menu. My granma could make a soup out of just about anything.
5. Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup – This Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup could be the poster child for Toss & Go recipes. Customize the spice level or offer with additional toppings so each person can make it their own special creation. Served with chips or with warm buttered bread will have your crew asking for seconds! I like that it can be made in the crockpot or on the stove top without any changes in recipe. It freezes well and can be doubled easily for larger gatherings.
6. Crockpot Veggie Soup – It really doesn’t get much easier than this for a yummy comfort bowl full of vegetables. This is a great soup to serve with sandwiches. Grilled Cheese and Veggie Soup is a one a week meal at our house!
7. Crockpot Chicken and Noodles – This isn’t really a soup, but it isn’t just a chicken and noodle dish either. Think of it as a deluxe version of chicken and noodles casserole in a bowl. I like that it can all be tossed in the crock pot as we are heading out for morning errands knowing it will be ready when we return. It also works great for those homeschool field trips where you just never know when the kids will be ready to eat.
8. Crockpot Potato Soup – Other than stirring this soup a couple of times as the frozen potatoes thaw; this has to be one of the easiest potato soups around! Using the seasoned, frozen potatoes makes all the difference in the taste and the ease in making this soup. Because of the cream cheese, this doesn’t freeze well. Leftovers can be blended and used as a dip.