Bose® SoundWear™ Companion® Speaker
If you love listening to music, you will love the new Bose® SoundWear™ Companion® Speaker! I am old enough to remember carrying around my speaker box when I wanted to have music playing while working outside or at the park. And back then, yes I am aging myself here..they were not small devices either. I have to smile when I think back to those large speaker sets that we used.
Fast forward several decades (yes I am that old), the devices are smaller and the quality is nothing like before. Take the Bose® SoundWear™ Companion® Speaker that is available at Best Buy. I love it! The sound quality is amazing and not having to wear ear phones is perfect for me since I need to be able to interact with children and people around me. Now I can listen to my music and still participate in the activities around me.
- The Bose® SoundWear™ Companion® Speaker features:
- Two 11-inch waveguides in the flexible neckband which will immerse you in surprisingly deep, clear sound.
- Because your ears are free, it is easy to stay aware of what’s around you while you enjoy your music.
- The soft, ergonomic neckband is layered with soft touch silicone which makes it so comfortable you will want to wear it all day. And because it has a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, you can enjoy up to 12 hours of operation on a single charge.
- It is both sweat and weather resistant so no worries if you get hot or caught in the rain.
- With just a light press of a button you can answer incoming calls and never have to pull out your phone.
A couple of other things that I have come to appreciate are the personalized vibrations that offer me discreet notifications from calls, and that everything can be controlled through Bluetooth® connections using the Bose® Connect app.
If you know me, you know that I am one of the most electronically challenged people around..but even I was able to pair the Bose® SoundWear™ Companion® Speaker with my phone and my tablet! For me, the voice prompted pairing made it easy since I wasn’t listening for two or was that three beeps.. I was able to easily follow along and within minutes I was dancing away to the tunes.
I wondered if, because this isn’t a headset or earphones if either my music would bother those around me or if my conversations on phone calls would be heard by those in the same room. Well, the answer is yes and no. What I have discovered through my testing of the product is that when the sound is set to a moderate to low level, people standing around me (towards the front or sides) do not hear the music or the conversation of the person calling me. Now if I crank the volume all the way up, the people around can hear it but even then it isn’t like the level of setting my phone or Bluetooth® speaker on the counter. So under normal settings, I appreciate that I am not bothering those around me. The only place that the music was heard when on normal settings was when someone was standing directly behind me (and usually within my comfort zone which is too close). Even then they had to be too close to hear without being obvious.
So if you are looking to step up the enjoyment of your music while keeping your hands and ears free to engage in the activities around you, head over to Best Buy and check out the Bose® SoundWear™ Companion® Speaker for yourself.
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.