Recently, we had a family party with a fall theme. It wasn’t so much for Halloween, but more of just a family gathering now that school was back in session and things were getting back into their routines. Instead of putting out cupcakes, I decided to have some fun decorating them with candy. Here are my Campfire Cupcakes!
- Cupcakes (store bought or homemade)
- Chocolate stick candy
- Small chocolate candies, ball/circle shaped, in fall colors
- Prepare cupcakes for decorating: Allow to cool completely if baking or remove from packaging if purchased.
- Open the candies and place into shallow bowls or plates.
- Depending on the length of the chocolate sticks, break into pieces so when 3 or 4 pieces are pointed together at the center, it looks like sticks for a campfire.
- Add the fall colored candies under the campfire.
- Add more candies to form a ring around the campfire.
I like that you can easily put these out on display or bring to a party or school event since the decorating doesn’t take very long. Plus, you can use either store bought or homemade cupcakes, depending on your schedule and preference.
Feel free to crush chocolate cookies to resemble “dirt” to add to the icing around the campfire. Or use chocolate frosted cupcakes to achieve the same effect.
I hope you enjoyed my Campfire Cupcakes!