Between working, writing and keeping up with the girls that are both driving now; planning for dinner has changed in our house. Thankfully they both know how to cook and take turns each week, but “Fast & Easy” takes on a new meaning for our “Cooks because I have to not because I want to” daughter is up in the rotation. If you are friends with me on Facebook, you already have been a witness to some of the creations ala Beka!
Chicken Devine is a less than 30 minute meal depending on how small you cut up the chicken pieces. We usually just use the tenderloins and still get it done in less than 40 minutes.
- Chicken – sliced or tenderloins (2 lbs)
- Bread crumbs or crackers – crushed (1 sleeve or cup)
- Eggs – 2
- Milk – 1 cup
- Shredded cheese – 2 cups (any style)
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray or line baking dish with non stick product
- Slice Chicken into strips if you didn’t purchase the tenderloins
- Salt and Pepper well on both sides
- In large bowl mix milk and eggs whisking to combine
- Place crushed crackers or bread crumbs in another bowl or large baggie
- Dip chicken into milk/egg bath and allow to rest for a couple of minutes
- Strain and move to bread crumbs and toss to coat
- Place coated chicken strips on baking dish – sprinkle any remaining crumbs on top
- Spread shredded cheese over coated chicken
- Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is done
This is so super easy. Serve with a couple of sides and dinner is done!
Leftovers are great served chopped up over a salad or served wrapped in a tortilla with fresh veggies and ranch dressing.