Chocolate, Chocolate and More Chocolate
Chocolate is one of my top comfort snacks. While working on a special treat for our daughter Meagan, who is turning 18 next week; we remembered the chocolates we had recently been blessed with from Chocolat Frey.
Chocolat Frey® chocolates are these amazing bundles of deliciousness that is steeped in Swiss tradition. Dating back to 1887, the rich history of Chocolat Frey® began with two brothers, Robert and Max Frey. Their passion for creating fine Swiss chocolate products became the foundation for the company’s commitment to quality and excellence.
Even today, 100% of their products are manufactured in Switzerland following a bean to bar process that produces exquisite chocolate for those luxurious moments.
What is the Bean to Bar process?
Using only authentic ingredients including rich cocoa beans, whole roasted nuts and Swiss milk, Frey’s bean to bar process leaves nothing to chance. All steps have been honed to perfection to produce high quality chocolate creations. This process ensures consistency in delivering the distinctive and indulgent taste experience that has become the hallmark of Chocolat Frey®; Not surprisingly, this company values sustainability. Chocolat Frey® is UTZ certified.
This authentic Swiss Brand offers a genuinely indulgent taste experience and a truly luxurious escape. There is no doubt why they are considered the #1 Chocolate In Switzerland!
The Crunchy Nut Bars are my favorites and I just knew we could come up with something to honor their wonderful flavor in a treat.
We decided to make our chocolate almond braid because it is quick and easy but oh so delicious! Oh and heads up, the box of puff pastry sheets includes two sheets so you might as well plan on making two of them since the first one will be gone so fast there will be nothing but crumbs left on the plate!
1 sheet Puff pastry
1 Crunchy Nut Chocolate Bar
Egg wash (1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water)
Sliced nuts (we love almonds) – this is garnish really so about 2 ounces is plenty
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees F and line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper
- If you are using puff pastry from the freezer – allow to thaw in the fridge or on the counter (still sealed so it doesn’t dry out) until soft
- Unfold the puff pastry pressing down any splits to seal
- Set chocolate bar in the center of your puff pastry
- Using a sharp paring knife, start making diagonal cuts in puff pastry along each side of the chocolate bar about one inch apart
- When you reach the end, cut straight along edge of candy bar to end of puff pastry making a flat in pastry
- Toss the odd triangle ends from the four corners
- Starting at the top, pull the flap up and place on the chocolate bar, then start alternating left and right with the strips, overlaying them as you work your way about 3/4 down the chocolate bar
- Pause and fold up the flap on the bottom before continuing with the back and forth weaving until you reach the bottom of the chocolate bar
- Slip any extra puff pastry underneath the chocolate bar
- Gently move chocolate stuffed puff pastry braid to the foil or parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Lightly brush braid side of puff pastry with the egg wash
- Sprinkle crushed nuts on top of the egg washed puff pastry
- Bake at 415 degrees F for 25 – 30 minutes or until puff pastry is done and a beautiful golden brown
Remove from oven and let sit for 4-5 minutes. If you slice into it too soon, all the chocolate will ooze out!
Note: Chocolate will be HOT for a while..even when the outside of the pastry doesn’t feel hot so be careful when giving to little ones. Burned lips and tongues are not fun.
File this under appetizers, snacks, desserts..anytime you need a chocolate pick me up!
Is the Chocolat Frey® brand new to you? It was to me but let me tell you something..find it – buy it – enjoy it! This Momma doesn’t hide many things from the little ones..umm until now. This stuff is amazing – and so yes, I admit that I have a stash. I bet you will too once you fall in love with the flavor profiles of the nut bars and the pralines.
Look who I caught trying to sneak off with my stash!!!!
Look for these great new products coming to a store near you!
There are so many ways to enjoy using this chocolate!
Individual Banana Strawberry Chocolate Pudding Cups are so simple. Just layer vanilla pudding over wafers then shave a layer of your favorite Chocolat Frey® bar, repeat and top with sliced strawberries. If you can stay out of them, they should rest about an hour before serving to allow the flavors to blend. The only thing that this could possible use would be a drizzle of melted Chocolat Frey® chocolate over just before serving.
And I am in love with their pralines!
We are giving away a wonderful selection of Frey Chocolate candy including Frey Chocobloc Bars, Crunchy Nut Bars, Frey Bunnies valued at $50.00! Please note that substitutions are possible but the wonderful deliciousness will exceed your wildest dreams.
This giveaway runs through March 3, 2016 (Ends 11:59PM EST) and is open to US Only 18 years and older.
Guess what? We are not the only one giving away a prize package. Once you enter to win here, you will have the opportunity to enter to win on 24 other sites! There are a total of 25 blogs giving away matching $50 prize packages to 25 winners!