French Garlic Sausage over Pasta
We love pasta in this house, whether we smother it in a red sauce, a cheese sauce, or just toss it with some olive oil and herbs! And recently, we were trying out different specialty products for D’Artagnan, so we had to create a new dish to try! We’re calling it French Garlic Sausage over Pasta, and it was gone in a hurry!
- 1 box of pasta
- 1 lb. package of D’Artagnan French Garlic Sausage
- 1-2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Fresh or dried herbs of your choice
- Prepare your pasta according to package directions.
- Slice the sausage into rounds and then cut into bite size chunks.
- Lightly brown in olive oil over medium high heat.
- Note: This sausage comes fully cooked, this is heating it through and browning the surface
- Transfer drained pasta to a large bowl.
- Top pasta with the sausage and add your favorite herbs & seasonings, like our House Blend!
- This is a great basic pasta dish that doesn’t use tomato or cheese sauce. You can even use multiple pasta leftovers! Just watch your cooking times.
- Feeling creative? Add vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, or even sauteed celery & carrots. Cook separately or with the sausage!
- You can easily substitute canola or vegetable oil instead of olive oil.
- If serving cold, be sure to toss the pasta and sausage with a little oil before storing in the fridge so the pasta doesn’t stick together.
- This dish can handle a variety of spices and seasonings, both fresh and dried. We use a lot of minced garlic, onions, and chili powder!