Needing to cook a monster bag of chicken leg quarters that have been in the freezer for weeks got me to thinking about the easiest way to cook t all at once. I didn’t want to grill out but I was in the mood for a grilled type of chicken for dinner.
So, I tossed a simple glaze together and this was the result!
8 leg quarters or enough chicken for your crew and possible leftovers
1 cup Honey
1 cup Soy Sauce
4 tablespoons minced garlic
- Place chicken on large cookie sheet (we have to use two (2) cookie sheets for quantity)
- Salt and Pepper chicken on both sides to taste
- In a large bowl or mixing cup, combine honey, soy and garlic…mix well
- Pour glaze mixture over chicken (you may have to spoon garlic from bottom on dish as it settles)
- Bake in a 350 oven for 50-60 minutes (I turn my chicken over about mid way in cooking and I rotate pans for more even cooking)
- Glaze above is enough for 7-9 leg quarters – cut in half if only cooking 3-4 pieces of chicken
- I like to spoon the glaze over the top of the chicken when I flip it over and rotate the pans
- Clean up can be a bear so think about lining pan with heavy duty foil or treating with non stick spray
- Chicken can be marinaded in glaze and grilled outside if you have someone that likes to grill out
Do you have a simple way to fix large batches of food?