Honey Nut Granola Bars
These Honey Nut Granola Bars are awesome! I like the crispy version myself but my crew prefer the chewy ones. Next time I will just split the mixture into two pans so we can have both styles.
4 ½ cups oatmeal (not instant)
½ cup flour
¼ cup brown sugar (white will work)
2 cups of chopped nuts (any style or combination)
1 tablespoon salt
2 cups honey (heat in microwave for easy pour)
1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the honey
2. Stir in 1 cup of honey and mix well
3. Press into a foil or parchment lined baking pan*
4. Pour remaining cup of honey over the top of the mixture
5. Bake at 350 for: 15 minutes for chewy bars, 30 minutes for crispy bars
6. Allow to cool. Slice and enjoy!
* Use damp hands or wet the back of a large spoon to prevent mixture from sticking while pressing into pan
Try mixing in raisins or other thinly sliced fruit – we added a single banana to the mix and it basically dissolved. You could taste it, but not see it in the bars.