How to Shorten Amazon Affiliate Links
Do you use Amazon affiliate links for your blog? I do, and I recently found out during a major product that those links can be quite long! So after a little digging, I found out how to shorten Amazon affiliate links!
1. Open the Amazon Associates Area by clicking on the top right corner of your screen when Amazon is open in your browser.
2. Complete the sign in process.
3. Type in the name of a book or product in the search field and click the “Go!” button.
4. Click on the tiny arrow next to “Get Link” for the product you want to share. A drop-down box will appear.
5. Click “Shorten URL with amzn.to?”
6. Copy/paste the HTML code and insert into your blog post.
And that’s it! You don’t have to worry about different options or image sizes; this provides the HTML for a text-only link. And yes, it is coded to use your affiliate ID since you are already logged into the Associates area.
I found this particularly useful when I want to link to a specific item on Amazon but I don’t need the picture or price, just a reference link to a product.
I hope you found this information helpful. It has definitely helped reduce some of my post writing time since I can search, find the short link, and keep on writing!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive compensation or payment.