Made from Scratch Cooking with Hormel
*This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NewFromHormel #CollectiveBias
If your days are anything like mine it is often a challenge getting time to prepare meals between the classes, work schedules and school activities. Sadly, our quality of meal often suffers proportionally to the time crunch we are under.
Let me tell you about a couple of new items that have changed our “hurry up and toss it on the table” to “Wow Mom! This is awesome” dinner time.
On those crunch nights, I am no longer serving the same simple, ok boring meals since I have discovered the Hormel Everyday Scratch™ products and Hot Sandwich Meats. They are located in the refrigerated entrée section at your local Kroger’s Market. These ready to heat and serve entrees come in a variety of flavors and make mealtime family time again! They go a long way to giving you a head start with your favorite recipes.
Hormel Everyday Scratch and Hot Sandwich Meats were created for those with busy (ok crazy) lifestyles in mind. I think they may also have been created by someone who shares those crunch nights right along with us. These awesome, straight from the grill flavor meats will have you serving up dinner in no time.
My favorite so far, is the Rotisserie Style Chicken. The first dish that came to mind for me was pizza. From front door to plating in less than 30 minutes and that included allowing time for the little ones to “create” their own pizzas. If I was making dinner without the “help” of the little ones, I would bet I could have dinner on the plate in 20 minutes or less.
To prepare these pizzas you will need:
- 1 package of Hormel Everyday Scratch Rotisserie Style Chicken
- 2 packages of your choice Flatbread (makes 4 good size pizzas)
- 1 jar or can of Pasta Sauce, your choice red, white or ranch
- 3 Roma tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 Onion, your color choice, sliced or diced
- 1 Bag of Cheese, your choice of flavor (optional: Feta crumbles)
- Preheat oven 400 degrees
- Line baking pan with foil for easy clean up
- Heat Hormel Everyday Scratch Rotisserie Style Chicken according to package, remove plastic seal and shred meat using two forks
- Chop, dice, shred remainder of items and place in small bowls if allowing children to create their own pizza otherwise just combine in a bowl to be sprinkled over flatbread
- Place flatbreads on foil lined baking sheets
- Spread 2 or 3 Tablespoons of Pasta Sauce on Flatbreads
- Tops Flatbread Pizzas with your choice of toppings
- Place Flatbread Pizzas in the oven for 5-7 minutes, cheese will melt and start to bubble
- Slice and serve!
These were a hit at my house! The children loved making their own pizza and I appreciated the ease of a healthy, high quality ingredient meal. Hormel Everyday Scratch meats come in several flavors including Rotisserie Style Chicken, Flame Seared Carnitas and Flame Seared Chicken Breast. Another favorite meal for our house is Philly Steak Sandwiches. Using Hormel Hot Sandwich Meats have made these our new fourth meal a day that most teenagers think they need. For them, it is an awesome sandwich that they can make in just a couple of minutes. For me, it is a healthy option that has replaced the sweet sugary snacks.
To make these awesome #newfromhormel Philly Steak Sandwiches you will need:
- 1 tub of the Hot Sandwich Meat – heat according to package directions
- Several slices of your favorite cheese – figure two slices per sandwich
- Sandwich bread – your choice of bread
- Turn oven on broil
- Place bread on foiled lined baking sheet
- Spread 3 to 4 Tablespoons of meat mixture over one side of bread
- Layer sliced cheese over meat
- Place pan in oven and watch it closely! As soon as bread is toasted and cheese has melted it is done
- Slice and serve
Hormel Hot Sandwich Meats come in some awesome flavors such as Philly Steak, Tequila Lime Steak, Tequila Lime Chicken, Teriyaki Chicken, and Buffalo Chicken. Other entrée selections include Fusilli Pomodoro with Grilled Chicken, 6-Cheese Macaroni & Cheese with Grilled Chicken and Roasted Garlic Cheese Risotto with Grilled Chicken.
Keeping them on hand will help save time and money; both of which I am always short on!
Make sure you look for these at your local Kroger Marketplace. They are east to spot in the refrigerated meat section. Our local store did not carry all the available flavor choices, but it never hurts to ask if you can’t find them. The Department Clerk did explain that since this is a new product that perhaps the display had not been reset yet to include the additional options.
Coupons are available for a limited time. Grab a $1 off coupon good for (1) Hormel Everyday Scratch product purchase. And/or a $1 off coupon good for (1) Hormel Hot Sandwich Meats product purchase. This offer expires 11/30/14. Coupons expire 30 days after printing.
How would the Hormel Everyday Scratch or Hot Sandwich meat products make your dinner time easier?
We have a tutorial on how we made the pizzas and a precious interview with a 5 yr old on his favorite one.