Rainy Day DIY: Tissue Paper Collage for Kids
While the summer months bring plenty of sunny days, we all know the occasional rain shower sneaks in every so often too. Nothing can bring on boredom like a rainy day, since kids are unable to get outdoors and burn off their endless amount of energy. But you don’t have to fret the next time the rain clouds come rolling in. Instead, give this fun and very frugal rainy day DIY a try instead. This tissue paper collage for kids craft is the perfect activity to keep little bodies occupied on an otherwise gloomy day. As you will see, it does not require a great deal of supplies, and kids are able to complete this project with very little assistance.
Take a look at how easy it is to create this colorful and charming project!
Rainy Day DIY: Tissue Paper Collage for Kids:
First, let’s take a look at the supplies you are going to need. Search your cupboards and cabinets, as you may not need to purchase a thing! Should you need to, just head to your local dollar store.
*Cardboard shirt box top
*Assorted pieces of tissue paper
*Assorted stickers (optional)
We just save our shirt boxes from the holidays when we receive gifts in them. The same thing goes for the tissue paper. Save the colorful sheets you get in gifts, or you can get a package for just a $1.00 at your local dollar store.
1. Pour some glue into a small dish or on a small paper plate for easy access. Set aside.
2. Tear the issue paper into strips and assorted size chunks. Just use your hands if you wish!
3. Take your paint brush and brush glue onto a small section of the box.
4. Place a piece of tissue paper onto the glue. Press to make sure it adheres well. Allow to dry.
5. Go ahead and apply glue to another section on the box and repeat. Repeat this step until you have covered the entire box top. Once the box top is covered, you can continue to layer the sheets of tissue paper. Since they are so thin, they will blend nicely and create a very cool multicolor effect! It will almost look like stained glass.
6. When the desired look is achieved, brush some glue over the piece to secure it.
Because these are on box tops, they have almost a canvas look and can be hung on a small tack or command hook if you wish. They are so cheerful and colorful, they are sure to make any rainy day feel like something special. So gather your kiddos and supplies and give this rainy day DIY a try. They are sure to love it, and so will your budget!
Do you have a rainy day craft? Share it with us below, we would love to try it!