Reinvented Beef Stroganoff
Stroganoff is one of my favorite pasta dishes. This recipe takes it from a chore to make to on the table in less than twenty minutes! Yikes..plan on making double or triple batches of this because your crew will not stop eating it. It is so good.
Having quick recipes is important for us busy moms, but having recipes that are quick AND your children enjoy is a real blessing. This Reinvented Beef Stroganoff is one of those recipes that your children will ask you to make for them.
• 4 oz. wide egg noodles
• 2 Tbsp./1 oz. vegetable oil
• 12 oz. beef tenderloin, sliced into approx. ¼” by 2” strips
• 1 cup/4 oz. onion, thinly sliced
• 1 ½ cups/6 oz. button mushrooms, thinly sliced
• ¼ cup/2 oz. cognac (optional – if left out use 2 tablespoons of butter)
• 1 cup/8oz. no-sodium added beef stock
• 1 Tbsp./½ oz. Dijon
• ¾ cup/6 oz. Greek yogurt
• 2 Tbsp./½ oz. dill, finely chopped
• 1 tsp. paprika
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the egg noodles according to package directions. Drain and reserve.
2. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Toss the beef with salt and pepper to taste. Heat the oil and sauté beef just long enough to get some browning, about 1 minute per side. Remove to a plate.
3. Add the onion and mushroom to the pan. Cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the cognac. Add the beef stock and Dijon. Cook until reduced by about one quarter. Off heat, stir in the yogurt, dill and reserved beef.
4. Divide noodles between 4 bowls. Top with Stroganoff. Sprinkle with paprika.
Recipe and photo credit: National Pasta Association for Pasta Fits