Rise Breakfast Blend Coffee K-Pods
I guess you could call me a coffee addict. When I drag myself out of bed every morning the first thing I do is head for the coffee pot. I still have the old fashioned slow type that takes forever to brew. I usually stumble around the kitchen waiting with anticipation for that first cup to be ready.
My 23 year old daughter has decided to move back home in order to save money for a new car, a smart decision I think. Among all of the things she has decided are a must to return with is her single serve coffee maker. She needs to be ready early for that morning commute into the city and like me needs that first cup of coffee. She has tried to get me to purchase one of my own for years. Frugal as I am, I’m looking forward to using hers and not having to purchase one for myself.
Having said all of that I am now looking for those tiny little k-cups so that I will be ready when she arrives. I have read a lot of articles about the disposing of the k-cups and what they are doing to our planet. So, when I found an advertisement from a company called Greater Goods about their Rise single serve pods I thought I had found just what I needed. They had features that attracted me:
- First, the cups are not made completely of plastic so this means they are better for the environment.
- The bottom of the little cup is made similar to a strainer, allowing the water to just drip thru like my old coffee pot does, that makes no extra plastic needed and I think makes for a better taste.
- It will fit my daughter’s Keurig coffee maker (good for me).
- The company uses Arabica coffee beans and has a breakfast blend which appeals to me.
- It comes in a stay fresh type of pouch that makes for less packaging, again, better for the environment.
- I can purchase it online and have it sent to my door.
- No more measuring (yay)
These single serve k pods are Keurig 2.0 compatible and will brew in most k-cup compatible brewers such as Keurig, Cuisinart, Breville & Mr. Coffee k-cup single-serve brewers (Not compatible with Keurig Vue or Rivo).
I said I was frugal so I did check prices of other brands and thought that the prices seemed a little high, although comparable to many others. The fact that it is more environmentally friendly is a big plus. I love the idea of faster coffee and the fact that each cup brewed will be fresh.
The Rise Breakfast Blend Coffee K-Pods are available on Amazon in a 72 pack with free shipping on prime accounts.
Disclosure: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned in this article in exchange for my honest opinion. Some of the links in the article may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I may receive a small compensation. Regardless, I will only recommend products or services I use personally or believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”