Roasted Sweet Beets
Beets…oh how I love beets! My favorite way to enjoy them is roasted and then tossed in a salad. I am one happy camper when I find them on salad bars when we eat out after church on Sundays. Surprisingly, most of my children enjoy them too.
I grew up eating canned beets. Don’t get me wrong, they are still one of my favorite vegetables or snack. But, you can’t compare the flavor of canned to freshly roasted.
- 4-6 (about 2 pounds) Fresh Red Beets
- 4 Tablespoon Oil (Grape seed, Olive, Coconut)
- Salt and Pepper
- Chop beet bulbs from top greens and wash – as in really scrub the beets to remove the dirt and grime
- Peel beets and cut into bite size pieces
- Place diced beets into a large bowl and liberally salt and pepper
- Drizzle oil over beets and toss well to coat all pieces
- Spread beets out on a baking pan in a single layer (use two pans to prevent crowding)
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35-45 minutes – until fork tender
Serve with Ranch dressing if you have a toddler that loves to dip things!
My crew stands around the stove and starts stabbing them as soon as they come out of the oven. I wonder how many batches I would have to make in order to have some to put in away as leftovers?