Do You Suffer From Sensitive Teeth?
Oh the pain I suffer when I bite into a frozen treat or drink a chilled beverage without a straw. I have always had sensitivity on my front teeth. Even as a child I can remember the charge like feeling when I bit into a cold treat or piece of fruit.
Nearly 60 percent of Americans suffer from sensitive teeth
Only 4 in 10 of those people are satisfied with their current sensitivity solution
Recently I was given the opportunity to take part in a market testing and filming session for a new product from Crest called Sensi-Stop Strips. As part of the market test and filming session I was interviewed about my experiences and troubles with having sensitive teeth. Along with sharing my impressions of the product, I was asked to apply one to my teeth and share my thoughts on the product.
I found that it was super convenient to have on hand as it comes in a sealed single strip package that can slip in my purse. The packet was easy to open and the product was a thin strip of tape like material with a gel on one side that was placed against the tooth and gum line.
According to the package information, this little strip was capable of stopping the sensitivity within minutes and would provide long lasting relief. Yeah, I was highly skeptical but hoping for the best.
The strip was placed over the gum and tooth line. There was a brief cool feeling when I applied the strip, but other than that you would not know it was even there unless you ran your tongue over it. Once in place, the strip did not slide around even though I continued to talk and move around the store.
After about 10 minutes, I was asked to remove the strip and drink from a glass of iced water. I can’t tell you when the last time was that I drank from a glass without a straw because of my sensitive teeth but this was the moment of truth. I remember pausing and looking at the glass dreading the pain that I knew was coming. I took a deep breath and drank a nice long sip of water….and it didn’t hurt at all! The coldness of the water was felt but not the pain as in the past. I stood there and drank almost that whole glass of water!
It was been just over a week and I can say that I still feel the difference from using this product. So, I am waiting for them to be released to the public. I had a blast taking part in the filming for the commercial and won’t know until next month if I was selected to be in it. Either way, it was a great experience.
According to the information I was provided about the Sensi-Stop Strips:
• Introducing Crest Sensi-Stop Strips – Crest’s biggest innovation ever in sensitivity relief.
• Crest Sensi-Stop Strips are small, flexible, transparent strips that are applied directly to sensitive areas to alleviate pain and discomfort associated with sensitive teeth.
• Unlike toothpastes that take several weeks to reduce sensitivity and are required to be used two times per day, Crest Sensi-Stop Strips provide targeted, immediate relief after only one usage.
• Crest Sensi-Stop Strips are a simple addition to existing oral care routines for people who suffer from sensitive teeth.
• Crest Sensi-Stop Strips use the same ingredient as some professional treatments to seal dentinal tubules. Dentinal tubules are small passage ways that lead directly to nerve endings, and they can become exposed due to factors such as gum recession.
• Living with sensitive teeth can impact quality of life by interrupting meals with friends and family, making it hard to maintain focus, and getting in the way of proper oral hygienev. Crest Sensi-Stop Strips can help improve your life.
Crest Sensi-Stop Strips will be available at retailers nationwide in September 2014. To learn more about or to pre-order, go to www.crest.com.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnership with Crest through the One2One Network. All views and opinions with regard to the products or the company are my own and were not influenced by the company.