Setting Up Your Baby Registry
Setting up your baby registry can be both exciting and time consuming! There are so many stores to choose from, and items to pick, that it can be difficult to keep track while you’re planning for your new bundle of joy. But there’s a service that can help keep it all under control: MyRegistry.com.
MyRegistry.com is the leading universal gift registry, providing hundreds of thousands of users with the ability to create one centralized online registry for any gift giving occasion In addition to giving customers the ability to register for items from any online or brick and mortar retailer. Along with offering services to individuals, organizations and nonprofits use MyRegistry.com as a valuable fundraising tool and convenient resource for requesting supplies and other items for donation.
MyRegistry.com is a wonderful tool for expecting parents in that it gives you the ability to register for products both from your small local stores to the large national chains, as well as from any store’s website! And it brings it all to one single list to keep it easy for your loved ones as they shop for presents for your new baby.
1. Combine your registries: If you have set up multiple registries either online or at the store, you can combine them into one list through MyRegistry.com. They will help you keep track of the products you’ve requested, how many have been purchased so far, and the list is updated every time it is viewed. This is great for anyone wanting to buy an item from your list since they don’t have to go to multiple stores as they can shop right off a single registry.
2. Registering for cash gifts: Avoid the stress and delicate nature of asking for cash gifts from your friends and family; you can set up a cash fund for your baby to be used for any purchases, whether funding their college education to building their nursery. You can even add your own note explaining what the fund is being put toward!
3. Need inspiration? MyRegistry.com can show you what other parents are adding to their own lists and make recommendations for you. They also have inspiration boards listing product ideas such as items to baby proof your home or eco-friendly baby products.
4. Announce and share your registry: Whether you plan on sending out paper announcements to your friends and family or send them out on social media and email, MyRegistry.com can help you design, print and send them out. You can even customize your registry’s web address!
5. Want to register in a store without a website? No problem. MyRegistry.com allows you to scan the barcode of the item and it’s automatically added to your registry! You could also use this feature to add an item without selecting a specific store, allowing your loved ones to find the best price for the gift.
Also keep in mind that a baby registry doesn’t have to end after the baby shower. You can use it in the future for birthdays, holidays or other special occasions!
MyRegistry.com is a wonderful and free gift registry service that is perfect for building your baby’s gift list. Whether you need big ticket items like a new crib or stroller, all the way down to washcloths, diapers or socks, they can keep them all listed together in a single centralized location. Easy for you and easy for your loved ones shopping for the new baby.
Disclosure: SimplySherryl had the pleasure of collaborating with MyRegistry.com to review their baby registry service and this post may contain affiliate or compensated links.