Slow Cooker Applesauce
I will admit that I am not your regular applesauce fan. But my girls love it and asked if it could be made at home. Sure, says the mom that will try to make just about anything….
This is so super simple and has to many different ways to make it…you will not be purchasing ready made applesauce again!
12 Apples (your choice and feel free to mix them up)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (it changes the color too so you can use 3 sticks for flavor without coloring)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Peel, core and slice apples (fairly thin so they will cook evenly)
2. Place apples in slow cooker and sprinkle cinnamon over apples
3. Pour in lemon juice and stir well
4. Cook on low for 5-6 hours (apples will start to break down)
5. I used my immersion blender but you could smash with potato smasher or use mixer
6. Store in airtight container for up to a week in fridge (or can for longer storage)
Like this post? Make sure to like and share this post with your friends using the share buttons because you know they would love these awesome recipes as well!
Make sure you don’t miss our Daily Newsletter. It only takes a minute to sign up and you’ll get (1) email with a summary link to posts for previous day.