St. Patrick’s Day Snack Mix
I confess… This stuff is awesome all year long! Rename it can call it whatever you want…IT ROCKS! Crunchy, salty, chocolate covered..what could be better???
- 4 cups Chex Cereal (any type)
- 2 cups Cheerios (plain or honey)
- 2 cups Pretzels (smaller ones work better)
- 1 cup M & M candies (optional)
- 1 bag White Chocolate Chips (or half a bar of white almond bark)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except chocolate
- Place large sheet of foil or parchment paper on counter or table to allow the mixture to cool
- Place white chocolate chips/blocks in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 60 seconds, stir, continue to heat for 10 seconds at a time until smooth and creamy
- Pour melted chocolate over the snack mix and stir to coat all the pieces
- Spread out on foil or parchment paper and allow to cool
- Break apart and store in air tight container
You can use what ever cereal you like to eat. Lucky Charms are great in this, so are Cocoa Puffs and Life. An easy way to make this is to toss the last bit of the box that none of the kids want to eat into a large container. When you have enough, make your next batch of goodness.