Take Along Pretzel Salads
This recipe sprang from my love of the Jello Pretzel Salad. I needed a take a cold salad to a function for my children and this is one of our favorites. I love that it can be made for individual servings.
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (8 oz) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (6 oz) package strawberry Jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (20 oz) package frozen strawberries, sliced
Step 1: Make your Pretzel Crust
- Pour crushed pretzels into a large bowl
- Mix in the sugar (3 TBLS) and melted butter
- Mix well and press the crumbles into the bottom of little serving cups. I like the plastic one with lids that can be packed in a lunch but you can use ice cream cups or anything you have on hand.
Step 2: Creamy Layer
- Combine cream cheese with 1 cup sugar with a mixer until smooth and sugar is dissolved
- Fold in the whipped topping
- Spread over the pretzel crust making sure to completely cover and seal the crust. I place in a biggie and pipe it in the cups. Seems to be the easiest way I have found to not make a mess all over the tops of the cups.
Step 3: Jello Layer
- Dissolve Jello into boiling water
- Slowly add the package of frozen strawberries
- Allow Jello mixture to thicken before you spoon it over the creamy layer in each cup. If you do not let thicken, it will seep through the creamy layer and you will no longer have a layer salad
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight to set – Top with whipped topping or any topping that your crew likes!
These are the most asked for treats around our house! This recipe will make about 12-15 mini treats using the dessert plastic cups from Walmart. If you are placing the top on them, allow room at the top or you will have the jello coming out around the edges.