Texas Caviar / Black Eye Pea Salad
This has to be one of my favorite cold salads. We enjoy it year round.
Fresh cilantro makes this dish. Flexible enough to use fresh or canned items, makes this a go to dish for any gathering.
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (1 canned diced works / drained)
- 2 bunches fresh cilantro, chopped (parsley or cilantro or combo)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2-3 teaspoons minced/jarred)
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) black eyed peas, drained
- 1 bottle Zesty Italian dressing
Optional items to change it up:
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped (with or without seeds)
- Combine all items, mix well
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Chill – if you can keep the crew out of it!
Serve with chips
This will keep in the refrigerator for about 4 days.