Easy Caramel in the Slow Cooker
This has to be the easiest way to make caramel short of buying it in a bottle! While it isn’t the fastest, it is one of those start and forget slow cooker wonders that I love to use!
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
1. Be sure to remove your label from the can and line parchment paper on bottom of slow cooker. (Keeps your slow cooker liner from being scratched)
2. Place cans in slow cooker on side (this is because of height of most cookers)
3. Fill slow cooker with water (go ahead and fill it all the way so you can forget about it)
4. Cook on low for 10-12 hours (the longer the deeper color of caramel)
5. Turn off slow cooker and allow to cool in water for at least 1 hour (until room temp)
6. Once you can handle the can with your hands, open and transfer caramel into container and store in refrigerator until ready to use. Microwave to warm.
Directions are the same for 1 can. Two cans fit nicely in my slow cooker and I wanted to try the regular compared to the fat free condensed milk. Go for the regular!
That’s it! This last batch I pulled out one can at 8 hours and it wasn’t quiet dark enough and didn’t have that rich caramel flavor.
You can also make a super quick smaller batch on the stove top for those nights when you just need a caramel fix.
Like this post? Make sure to like and share this post with your friends using the share buttons because you know they would love these awesome recipes as well!