Marinated Cucumber, Onion, Tomato Salad
Need a light salad or quick extra dish? This is my go to dish for last minute meals or when we need a quick side dish to lighten up any meal.
- 1 large onion (your choice of color), sliced into strip or rings
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled or not, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil (I like to use grape seed oil)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons each salt and pepper
- Place cucumbers, onion and tomatoes in a large storage container (something with a lid)
- In a jar or bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients (stir until sugar is dissolved)
- Pour over cucumbers, onion and tomatoes and gently toss until well coated
Store in refrigerator until needed. Needed being the optimal word; my crew starts eating this as soon as I put the spoon down.
We like to top with parsley and minced garlic. Red Pepper flakes also add a little pep to the dish.