I love the flavor of margarita mix. It has a combination of sweet with just a little tart from the limes. We have been searching for recipes that can be used for smoothies and remembered this Mock Margarita one from a punch that we used to use for parties. Surprisingly, this is awesome alone but can be used as a base for several summer flavored smoothies. This version contains no alcohol so the kids can enjoy it too.
- 6 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate
- 6 ounces frozen limeade concentrate
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar or Splenda
- 3 cups crushed ice
- 1 2 liter bottle carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 2 thinly sliced limes
- If you are blessed with a crushed ice dispenser, skip this step. Otherwise, crush ice in food processor or place in baggies and let the kids whack it for you
- Blend frozen concentrates, sugar and crushed ice on low until mixed well
- Slowly combine the lemon-lime beverage and pulse until smooth
- Serve in colored sugared or salt rimmed glasses
Looking for a larger recipe for Punchless Margarita’s? This one is for punch bowl serving size.