Pressure Cooker Mushroom & Onion Cubed Steak
Quick and easy dinners have become the standard for most of us during the week. Between school, sports and other activities; meal preparation has to be organized and streamlined. I think this is one of the reasons I have fallen in love with using my pressure cookers. Who would have thought this Mushroom and Onion Cubed Steak dinner could be on the table in less than 15 minutes?
This pressure cooker mushroom & onion cubed steak is tender and packed with flavor. While the cubed steak is cooking, boil a bag of noodles or make quick rice. Your crew will love how easy this is for you to make and be ready to eat before they can put away their stuff from school and get the table set.
6-8 Cubed Steaks (about 1.5-2 pounds)
1 Tablespoon Butter
2 large Onions – sliced
1 box, jar, can of Mushrooms (fresh or canned)
1 can (10-12 oz.) French Onion Soup (this is the gluten-free french onion soup we use)
1 package powdered Au Jus Gravy Mix (this is the gluten-free gravy mix we use)
2-3 Tablespoons Corn Starch
Salt & Pepper
- Slice onion into strips
- Salt and Pepper both sides of the cubed steaks
- Warm up pressure cooker and drizzle oil in bottom of liner. When ripply, add the butter and the onions.
- Saute the onions until they are tender (3-4 minutes)
- Place cubed steaks in the pressure cooker staggered as much as possible
- Sprinkle the powdered Au Jus Gravy Mix over the cubed steaks
- Pour can of French Onion Soup over everything
- Using the can from the soup, add 1 can of water
- Add mushrooms
- Lock lid in place and set vent knob to sealed. Make sure the locking pin is engaged and the vent knob is completely in the sealed position.
- Press manual or meat and set time for 4 minutes
- Once the alarm sounds for the completion of the cooking process, do a quick release making sure to protect your finger, face and surrounding cabinets by using a kitchen towel to cover the vent knob area.
- Listen for the steam to stop and the pressure pin to drop indicating it is safe to open the pressure cooker.
- Remove the cubed steaks to a platter and cover to keep warm
- Press the saute or meat button again on the pressure cooker and bring the liquids to a boil
- Mix 2-3 tablespoons of corn starch in 4 ounces of water and add to the pressure cooker
- Stir continuously until the gravy thickens, just a couple of minutes
- Turn off the pressure cooker and carefully remove the liner making sure to protect your fingers. I like my
mini mitts for this type of work.
- Pour gravy over the cubed steaks or into a gravy boat.
Serve over noodles or with rice or mashed potatoes for a delicious meal!
Note: If you want to prepare this in a slow cooker, simply add an additional can of water and set on low for 7-8 hours. Not as quick to the table, but just as tasty and easy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.