Pressure Cooker Taco Soup
Looking for a super quick and delicious meal? This pressure cooker taco soup has become a family favorite. I love how easy it is to make, and that there are never any left overs because the family loves it.
1 pound lean ground beef
1 yellow onion, diced
2 cans Sweet Corn with liquid
2 can Mexican-style diced tomatoes with liquid
2 cans Black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans Pinto beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans Red or White Kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups water
1 package Taco Seasoning Mix
1 package Ranch Salad Dressing Mix (not the dip mix)
Optional Garnishes to Offer:
– Avocado slices
– Sour cream
– Shredded cheese
– Salsa or fresh Pico
– Chopped Cilantro leaves
– Tortilla strips or chips
1. Set up pressure cooker and press saute button to heat liner.
2. Once the pressure cooker display reads “HOT”, add the ground beef and diced onion, cooking until the ground beef is thoroughly cooked.
3. Depending on the fat in the ground beef, drain if needed and return to pressure cooker.
4. Combine the water, taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix in a medium bowl and mix well. Add to the ground beef and onion mixture.
5. Add the tomatoes including the liquid in cans.
6. Place the Black beans, Pinto beans, Red or White Kidney beans, and Great Northern beans into a colander and drain and rinse well.
7. Add the beans to the pressure cooker.
8. Gently stir to combine the soup mixture.
9. Set and lock lid in place making sure to push the venting knob into the closed (or sealed) position depending on your pressure cooker unit.
10. Press the soup button or manual button depending on your pressure cooker display and adjust time to 5 minutes.
11. Once the cooking time is over, allow the pressure to naturally release for at least 10 minutes to allow the foam from cooking beans to settle.
12. Finish releasing the pressure and stir well before serving.
Serve with optional garnishes as desired.
Note: did you know that you can cook ground beef in bulk and freeze? This saves so much time because you can grab right from freezer and toss in soups. Here is our favorite recipe for Make Ahead Ground Beef.
Looking for other pressure cooker recipes? We have a large list of our favorite recipes that have been adapted to be perfect for the pressure cooker.
Still thinking about buying a pressure cooker? We recommend the Instant Pot or the Power Pressure Cooker XL. Both are super simple to use, but in my opinion the Instant Pot offers a few more features and is a little more user friendly. Both however are solid units and work great!
My Must Have Instant Pot Cooking Accessories
The following links for recommended cooking accessories are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.